RISK-ADJUSTMENT AUDITING BOOTCAMP
& Certification Exam
Become a CPA-RA: Certified Professional Risk-Adjustment Auditor
NAMAS LIVE OnLine BootCamps are limited to 20-25 seats to allow for interactive engagement with the instructor.
Each class will fill quickly!
EFFECTIVE AUGUST 2023: APPROVED FOR 8 AHIMA CEU
Hierarchical Condition Categories (HCC), a risk adjustment model that has been around for years but has heightened visibility since Medicare Advantage Plans started to require RAF scores for reimbursement.
Today it’s on the radar of every coding leader, and every commercial payer, for that matter.
Auditors are more responsible as gatekeepers of compliance to ensure proper understanding and proficiency.
This bootcamp is an 8-hour training which is divided over two days and taught in four-hour training sessions. Classes are live and interactive, virtual and include hands-on training examples, chapter knowledge roundups, and patient sample encounters to test your ability to audit to ensure comprehension.
The course provides you with a manual that includes charts, guides, and samples, and is full of instructions and tips.
This program meets AAPC guidelines for 8.0 CEUs. It can be split between Core A, CIC, CRC, CPCO, and CPMA for continuing education units.
NAMAS Diamond Level Members/Subscribers: This Bootcamp includes your membership benefits. Sign up early to ensure availability for your desired class dates.
to Risk Adjustment
Risk Adjustment Guidelines
Guidelines and Resources
Guidelines and Code Selection
of Risk Adjustment
the risk adjustment coding workflow process
Course Registration Includes
- NAMAS Curriculum Manual (Electronic download only)
- 8 AAPC CEUs
- 1 Year Gold Membership with NAMAS (Applicable for new members only)
(Please note: Materials for the course will be provided to you electronically unless you elect to have printed materials shipped to the address provided on your order.)
LIVE ONLINE FORMAT
We offer our Auditing BootCamp as a LIVE Online session. You'll receive the same educational hours from a LIVE instructor as an in-person class. You can ask questions, interact with your instructor and peers, and take the course from home or office.
- The curriculum manual will be available for you on or before the first day of class
- Late sign-ups may be subject to an additional fee
- Classes are transferrable, but we apologize that they are not refundable
- Each course has a required minimum attendance of 5 registrations; in the event, your selected course does not reach the minimum number of registered attendees, you may be asked to reschedule
- Attendees will receive a certificate of completion along with a CEU certificate for the earned credits upon completing the full online training program
CPRA EXAMINATION PROCESS
Attendees can test for our auditing credential, Certified Professional Risk Adjustment Auditor (CPRA) from the comfort of their desk! All you need is your webcam and an ID!
The exam allows 4 hours to audit actual patient encounters allowing your ability as an auditor to be evaluated. This exam is not testing recall of abbreviations, anatomy, or compliance rules, but rather provides each auditor a proficiency score in their auditing skills. A passing score of 70% is required. One complimentary retake (to be taken within 6 months of the original attempt) is included for those who do not pass upon the first attempt.
Testers may use the following:
- NAMAS Auditing Manuals (either edition)
- ICD-10 Book
- ICD-10 Guidelines
- Reference notes taken during bootcamp
- Must be a current NAMAS Member
- 2 Years of auditing risk-adjustment/HCC services recommended
The exam is online and a NAMAS team member proctors the Certified Risk Adjustment Auditor (CPRA) exam. Before logging in to take the Certified Risk Adjustment Auditor exam, please ensure that your computer is equipped with a webcam and microphone. You may use either a built-in webcam and microphone or an external webcam and microphone. Please note that mobile phones or tablets may not be used for online testing.
Maintaining the Certification
Our goal at NAMAS is to make maintaining your certification simple. CEUs are about ensuring application and continuing education in RA/HCC auditing.
The following forms of CEUs are accepted to maintain the credential:
- Approved NAMAS Training Events
- AHIMA/AAPC CEUs that are specific to auditing and/or E&M services
- CEU Exchange Program: Many organizations require QA of their auditors, and NAMAS views this process as continued education and improvement of your knowledge and skill base to act as CEUs. Full information will be available on our website soon, but the following guide indicates the exchange rate:
95% Precision Rating= 5 CEUs
90% Precision Rating= 4 CEUs
85% Precision Rating= 3 CEUs
80% Precision Rating= 2 CEUs
<79% Precision Rating= 1 CEU
Join a LinkedIn Group Dedicated to Risk Adjustment Auditing: CLICK HERE