E/M Auditing BootCamp: Prep for the CEMA certification
The NAMAS Medical Auditing E/M BootCamp® training program
will provide you with everything you need to be an E/M auditing pro! During our two-day LIVE online course, our NAMAS approved instructor will dig deep into all areas of E/M auditing, breaking down each section individually to give you a better understanding of E/M. Whether you're new to auditing or have years of experience, this course is for you!
This course is approved by the AAPC for up to 12 CEUs good for CPC, CPMA, CEMC, and other specialty-specific certifications. Contact NAMAS for more information about CEUs.
Training topics to be covered include:
- 2021 E&M Changes
- Grey Areas of Auditing Policies
- History of the Encounter
- E&M Variations in Different Settings
- Medical Decision Making
- Medical Necessity
- Audit Policy Parameters
- Concerns Created by "Smart Documentation"
- Standardization in auditing
- Hands on application of E&M guidelines
Course Registration Includes
- NAMAS E&M Curriculum Manual & Workbook (Electronic download)
- NAMAS E/M Audit Grid .pdf
- Inpatient Pocket Reference Card .pdf
- Office/Outpatient Pocket Reference Card .pdf
- 12 AAPC CEU's
- 1 Year Gold Membership with NAMAS (Applicable for new members only; registrations from current NAMAS members will receive a discounted membership renewal rate)
(Pleas note: Materials for the course will be provided to you electronically unless you elect to have printed materials shipped to the address provided on your order.)
LIVE ONLINE FORMAT
We offer our E&M Auditing BootCamp as a LIVE Online session. You'll receive the same educational hours from a LIVE instructor as an in-person class. You will have the opportunity to ask questions, interact with your instructor and peers, and take the course in the comfort of your home or office.
CERTIFIED EVALUATION & MANAGEMENT AUDITOR CERTIFICATION EXAM!
Attendees now have the opportunity to test for our auditing credential, Certified Evaluation and Management Auditor (CEMA)!
The exam is a timed,100 question test that must be completed during the 4-hour time limit. The exam includes 10 patient encounters that must be audited by the examiner. These encounters have 10 corresponding multiple-choice questions regarding the audited findings. A passing
score of 70% is required. One complimentary retake (to be taken within 6 months of original attempt) is included for those who do not pass upon the first attempt.
Testers may use:
- NAMAS Auditing Manuals (either edition)
- CPT Book
- One Audit Tool
- 1995/1997/CMS or AMA 2021 Guidelines
- Must be a current NAMAS Member
- 2 Years of E&M coding/auditing experience
- Attest to reading 1995/1997 Documentation Guidelines within the past 90 days
- Current coding certification is strongly encouraged
* Certain qualification are waived for attendees of the E&M Auditing BootCamp®
Individuals who do not receive a passing score on the first attempt will be offered a complimentary retake (Note: If the exam is taken online, tester is responsible for $35 online testing fee for retakes)
A NAMAS team member proctors the
Certified Evaluation & Management Auditor Certification Exam. Prior
to logging in to take the Certified Evaluation & Management Auditor
exam, please ensure that your computer is equipped with a webcam and microphone. You may use either a built-in webcam and microphone or an external webcam and microphone. Please note that mobile phones or tablets may not be used for online testing.
To take the CEMA exam online, select the online testing option. Note: There is an additional $35.00 online testing fee
Maintaining the Certification
Our goal at NAMAS is to make maintaining your certification simple.
CEUs are about ensuring application and continuing education in E&M
Valid forms of CEUs are:
- Approved NAMAS Training Events
- AHIMA/AAPC CEUs that are specific to auditing and/or E&M services
- CEU Exchange Program:
Many organizations require QA of their auditors, and NAMAS views this
process as continued education and improvement of your knowledge and
skill base to act as CEUs. Full information available on our website
soon, but the following guide indicates the exchange rate:
95% Precision Rating= 5 CEUs
90% Precision Rating= 4 CEUs
85% Precision Rating= 3 CEUs
80% Precision Rating= 2 CEUs
<79% Precision Rating= 1 CEU
- NAMAS member: $599
- Non- NAMAS member: $699
- CEMA testing: $234 ($199 testing with and $35 online proctoring fee)
- The curriculum manual will be available for you on the first
day of class
- Late sign-ups may be subject to an additional fee
- Classes are transferrable, but we apologize that they are
- Each course has a required minimum attendance of 5 registrations; in the event your selected course does not reach the minimum number of registered attendees, you may be asked to reschedule
- Attendees will receive a certificate of completion along with a CEU certificate for the earned credits upon completing the full online training program