by Alan Whiteman, Jerry Hermanson and Dennis Palkon
High profits in the medical practice are no longer a given. Even the most successful practice must manage costs effectively to stay viable. Written specifically for physicians, practice administrators and office managers, Cutting Costs in the Medical Practice, 2nd Edition provides no-nonsense practical guidelines for approaching cost containment issues within the practice.
Authors and experienced consultants Alan Whiteman, Jerry Hermanson and Dennis Palkon identify key areas in medical practices where costs can spin out of control. And, they offer solutions that have been proven successful in other practices. Armed with this roadmap, physicians and executive staff can better put their resources to work – building a stronger, financially secure practice.
This 2nd Edition includes information on:
- Cost savings that can be attained with proper use of technology – EMRs, E-mail, Websites, Clinical and Business Application, HIPAA Compliance
- Negotiating better office space leases
- Specific advice on reducing the cost of accountants, bookkeeping services
- Updated information on Practice Management vendors and Electronic Medical Record System vendors
- Use of value-added services to reduce overhead by participating in independent practice associations, professional associations and other purchasing cooperatives